My own prom, to celebrate the end of these last five torturous years, will be held in a couple days from now. This is why I'm writing this, it's more of a reminder to myself not to forget anything than something to inform you.
Now, naturally clutches (unless you go for those mega size ones, but honestly aren't they just a hassle?) are quite small. Limiting you to only really being able to take the essentials.
The Clutch - Take one of a reasonable size, not too big so it's annoying, not too small so you can actually take things. Make sure it's recognisable as your own so you don't get it mixed up with someone else's. Finally for the love of God make sure it doesn't clash with your outfit, that may as well be a sin, it is in my book.
Sample size of your perfume - To keep you topped up and smelling irresistible till the party ends at 3am and you're stumbling home with your friends and your heels in your hands.
Lipstick, Mascara and Concealer of the night - Again to keep you topped up and looking your best.
Compact mirror - To check you're looking good or to discretely spy on the really attractive person sat on the table behind you that you want to stare at without looking like a creep.
Hair grips and a bobble or two - You never know when you'll need them and all that dancing sure does mess up your hair.
Money £20-£30 - Mainly incase of emergency and if you need to call a taxi at any point. Better safe than sorry.
Phone - I don't feel like I need to justify the point of bringing your phone now do I.
iPod - (I wouldn't really say this is an essential, but I am someone who does not leave the house without it and who knows, you may even get the party started!)
Gum/mints - It's not like you want to have bad breath when you're trying to make a good impression with that cute guy who asked you to dance!
A Pen - I have yet to think of a reason why I wouldn't take a pen, but if you need some convincing, think, what will you do if that cute guy, who you've been dancing with all night, wants your number but you have no pen? I rest my case.
So party on my friends and make sure to stay safe and have fun.
Have any suggestions of things you think should be included in the perfect prom clutch? Leave them in the comments down below!
No comments:
Post a Comment