Summer means one thing for most people.
A holiday.
The further away from their real everyday lives the better usually, however this may result in the need to travel long distances for large amounts of time in either a boat, plane, car, bus or train. On long journeys people easily get bored and to cure this people take hand luggage with them. This is what I take.
| The contents of my bag! |
In my bag there is my netbook (a little laptop) three books, a fan, a notebook which contains my Summer bucket list, two pens (in case one runs out of course), a small purse, my phone, my iPod, an adaptor, in ear headphones, over ear head phones, two pairs of sunglasses so I can change them depending on my mood, a compact mirror, mascara, liquid eyeliner, crรจme foundation and finally lip gloss, every girl needs her lip gloss.
(And yes it does all fit in my bag... except The Decameron... that gets chucked in the suitcase.)
| From Left to Right: Inferno, FaceHunter and The Decameron |
Who goes on holiday without a book... or two... or three... Well I am certainly not one of those people! This year I have been lugging around the latest Dan Brown book Inferno (I am a little obsessed with his books), a fabulous book by Swiss street style photographer and blogger Yvan Rodic, also know as 'FaceHunter' (His blog is here), called FaceHunter in which he documents though pictures his one year long travel around the globe to various different cities and countries meeting many different people and capturing their Street style! And lastly I have The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio as recommend by my mother who believes I should read more (Um, hello, do you even understand the amount of fan fiction I read?).
I will be adding a review of Inferno and FaceHunter to my blog once I finish them!
The electronics I take are only my essentials which I really can go without. Mainly my iPod. As long as I am in possession of that I will cope. I take my phone, adaptor, netbook and two pairs of head phones, in and over ear. I am aware that usually the point of a holiday is to escape all the work and stress of daily life and taking these items with me also means that I will be effectively taking work with me, however I am a teenage girl who has become slightly dependent on the internet (BUT IT'S NOT JUST ME OKAY) and I prefer to be up to date with all teat is going on, as well as then having the opportunity to update my blog and other things for all my lovely readers. (That means you!)
There is no need to have extensive amounts of make-up in you hand luggage however if you feel the need to have it again take only the essentials and the bare minimum. For me that would include my Boujour Fan-Tastic mascara, my Misslyn liquid eyeliner, some W7 creme foundation (it's basically in between powder and liquid foundation, great for hiding the little bags under your eyes if you've had a long flight), a little lip gloss from Next because why not and of course a compact mirror to apply my face whilst on the go. I bought this fab (and kinda punk) little compact from Forever 21!
There are some other things which I enjoy having with me when I'm traveling, these include my Summer bucket list (You can find the things on my list here), a little purse which I have no recalation from where I came, however it is very handy to have and contain any holiday money i may have, a note book to scribble down all my thoughts and ideas and two pens, i have to have two pens, it's so i know i can always write. I always take a fan too, especially when I got to hot countries. Everyone laughs and says that it's dumb to take it but by the end of the day they always start to beg you to let them borrow it. Who's dumb now?
Thank you designer outlet store!
Let me know what you can go on holiday in the comments below!
- Emma xox
No comments:
Post a Comment