Saturday, 7 September 2013

I DON'T LIKE GOING TO THE HAIRDRESSERS BECAUSE I'M AWKWARD OKAY, LEAVE ME ALONE!

(Reupload from back in September)

As you can probably guess from the title of this post this is going to be about going to the hairdressers. Honestly it's never been something I've enjoyed doing and I will avoid it for as long as I can. The reason I went this time was because my mother booked my appointment and gave me a days notice. Thanks mum.
I am awkward, but not in that cute trips-over-ones-own-feet-and-then-giggles-about-it kinda awkward, as in the I-will-avoid-eye-contact-at-all-costs-and-if-I-meet-you-when-I'm-with-someone-else-I-probably-won't-talk-to-you kinda awkward.
Because I am like this (and please don't be all "You're not awkward, you're just putting it on for attention" because that is bull and I have several people who can tell how bad I am sometimes) there are several things that I really don't like:

  • Small talk.
  • Well actually talk in general with people I don't know.
  • People touching me. (Even if I know the person well I can sometimes have a problem with it.)
  • When people mess with my hair.
  • When people try to talk to me when I really don't want to talk.
  • People asking me questions. (If you know me you'll know that I like to be the one asking them!)

And where does this all happen at once? THE HAIRDRESSERS!
So can you really blame me for not liking it?
And yes, yes, you can call it a shy teenager phase and say that I'm just being silly BUT I DO ACTUALLY HOPE THAT THIS IS ONLY A PHASE BECAUSE OTHERWISE I'M SCREWED TO A CERTAIN EXTENT.

Because I'm so awkward I will always just nod along to whatever the hairdresser suggests because I don't know what to say. Even if they say something maybe I don't exactly like I will still just and nod along politely because I'm not sure what I would say. When I do say something it's only after I have rehearsed it in my head several time and then spent the last five minuets trying to muster up the courage to actually say it!

Another problem is that on occasion the person who's doing my hair talks quickly, I have no idea what they're saying, they say things such as "oh and we'll shape it like so so that it frames your face and blah blah blah" SOMETIMES I WOULDN'T KNOW IF I'D JUST AGREED TO LET THEM SHAVE MY HEAD UNTIL THEY'D DONE IT AND THEN IT WOULD ALREADY BE TOO LATE!
In the end though I made it out alive and only a little traumatised. The end result was the below:

NO IT DOES NOT LOOK THE SAME AS ALWAYS!

The woman who did my hair (was really lovely and tried to talk to me and I feel really bad for not talking to her) cut a little off the bottom (and by that I of course mean that she chopped off a couple inches as opposed to a couple centimetres) gave me some layers and cut my hair so that it framed my face. (Still not sure what that means...)
There's a pretty big chance that I'll once again manage to put off for another eight months. Yeah that last time I got it cut was February... oops.

Anyway that's the end of let's-laugh-at-Emma-for-being-a-failure, in the comments below let me know if you have this problem or something similar, it'd be great to know that I'm not totally alone!

-Emma xox

P.s. The largest problem in my life right now seems to be one big, fat case of how the hell do I light this bitch???
I ended up with this... it'll do
I need better equipment so please just bear with me till it's my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment