Friday, 31 May 2013

Today I'm wearing... (May 31st)

Nice weather! What is this magic?
Because of this rare occasion I have decided that I ay as well take advantage of this and show you one of the looks that I will be more than likely to be wearing this summer.

Today I'm wearing a cute white cotton dress from Thistlepearl (Urban Outfitters), some white crochet shorts from Zara Basic and a white and cranberry striped tank top from Fat Face.

Square Neckline
So today I'm wearing this 
I fell in love with this dress because of its subtle 18th century influences such as the square neckline and the small embroidered flowers, as someone who's favorite time period happens to be the 18th century this dress
Drop down cameo locket
became an instant favorite.

I helped to enforce the 'old-fashioned' feel a little by pairing the look with drop down cameo necklace which would have been worn at the time.

This look is perfect for this
Crochet shorts from Zara
weather because it is light weight, allows you to breath so you won't sweat and being white, helps to reflect the sunlight so you stay cool.

Due to the dress's slightly see through nature I have had to wear some short and a tank top underneath however I think this isn't too noticeable. The shorts are shorter than the hem of the dress so don't show and because they are a light colour and crochet style they blend right in.

Link to dress

-Emma x



3 comments:

  1. I have the crochet shorts in black from Zara, yours look super cute as well! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, AND THEY'RE SERIOUSLY MY FAVORITE PAIR! Didn't know they had them in black too :3

      Delete
    2. I bought them last summer in the sale section! Don't know if they have any black pair this season...but they're my fav shorts I own! :D

      Delete